From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Marchant
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2018 12:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Breaking text file at position 72?

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 18:45:54 +0000, Blake, Daniel J [CTR] wrote:

>One TFnn works for any/all lines between blanks lines.  So if you have
>a line followed by a blank line, text line, blank line, yes each line
>will require a TFnn line command.  Two or more lines without
>separating blank(s) require only one TFnn line command.

If the data that Charles is processing contains paragraphs without
intervening blank lines, all the paragraphs will be flowed together,
not likely what he wants. Also, he mentioned that some of the lines
are several thousand bytes long. Depending on how many thousand bytes,
he may or may not be able to use TF unless he can split lines that are
longer than 32K bytes.