Mark Zeldens excellent IPLINFO shows:

The real storage size at IPL time was 2048M.
The private area size <16M is 8192K.
The private area size >16M is 1628M.
The CSA size <16M is 4812K.
The CSA size >16M is 300652K.
The SQA size <16M is 1248K.
The SQA size >16M is 15792K.
The maximum V=R region size is 280K.
The default V=R region size is 140K.
The maximum V=V region size is 8168K.

Based on this:
CVTGDA   = C2d(Storage(D2x(CVT + 560),4))    /* point to GDA         */
GDACSA   = C2d(Storage(D2x(CVTGDA + 108),4)) /* start of CSA addr    */
GDACSAH  = D2x(GDACSA)                       /* display in hex       */
CSAEND   = (GDACSASZ*1024) + GDACSA - 1      /* end of CSA           */
CSAEND   = D2x(CSAEND)                       /* display in hex       */

So CSA <16M is too small.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 9:20 AM Tom Marchant <
0000000a2a8c2020-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 08:57:39 -0500, Peter Relson wrote:
>
> ><snip>
> >there is no excuse for such a large module requiring RMODE(24).
> ></snip>
> >
> >Sure there is -- if it doesn't cause a problem. But here it does cause a
> >problem.
> >So the real question is? what's the problem?
>
> DFHEISUP has been getting larger with each new release of CICS. Looking at
> the libraries on our system, I see:
>
> CTS 5.4 007D1410
> CTS 5.3 007B6070
> CTS 5.2 0078C7D0
> CTS 5.1 00772608
> CTS 4.2 00752958
> CTS 4.1 00719EA8
>
> Wayne's Fault Analyzer output showed the size of that module that had been
> loaded to be X'7B6070'.
> The IEF032I message in his job output showed below the line system usage
> to be 260K and private is 7908K.
> That doesn't leave much room if he only has 8M of below the line private
> area.
>
> It is not surprising to me that he has found that it fails more often with
> newer releases of CICS.
>
> I am a little surprised though if all three of the places that he has run
> this have only 8M of below the line private.
>
> --
> Tom Marchant

Wayne V. Bickerdike