Use DATA(31)

Thanks,

Tom Savor
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Doug
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:32 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Are there compiler options to move Working Storage in Cobol above
the line?

What version of COBOL?

.

On Jan 24, 2019, at 20:06, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:

A friend of mine is having a bit of problem with a Cobol program.  WS is about
7M in size below the line.  This creates the perfect environment for S878-10
abends.

Is there a compiler option that would move WS above the line?  Or is there a
different solution.  If there is an option, what level of Cobol did it show up
in?

No, I do not know what they are doing.  But I am told they cannot change the
code.

Thanks

Lizette Koehler
statistics: A precise and logical method for stating a half-truth inaccurately