On 2/18/2019 5:20 PM, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:
[Dual-posted to ISPF-L and IBM-MAIN]

On my employer's z/OS 2.2 system and as far back as they have employed me (OS/390 R10 IIRC), pressing
"Attention" (Esc on my PCOMM keyboard map) while in an ISPF screen "refreshes" the screen
to the last stable state, so if you accidentally erased a whole line of program code or JCL you can recover
what was there before the erase as long as you didn't press Enter or any PF/PA key before pressing
"Attention".

On a friend's z/OS system (not sure of the release), pressing "Attention" at
any ISPF screen causes the terminal to be taken out of service (VTAM INACT).

My question is where and how does ISPF determine how to respond to "Attention"
to refresh the screen instead of making the terminal INACT?  Or is that a VTAM
function/setting of some kind?  If it is VTAM, where is it specified?

Just curious here, no actual problem to be solved ("Doctor!  Doctor!  It hurts when I do
that!"; "Well, don't do that!").

Peter
--

Peter,

Sounds like SYS REQuest, not ATTNtion.  Check to make sure it's ATTN.

Regards,
Tom Conley