From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Seymour J Metz
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:17 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Where does ISPF determine how to repsond to "Attention" function?

ISPF uses VTIOC facilities, e.g., TGET, TPG, TPUT,  to communicate with the
terminal. By default VTIOC will interpret ATTN or PA1 as attention and PA2 as
reshow. However,

 1. It's anybody's guess whether PCOMM send ATTN or PA1 for "Attention".

 2. ISPF runs in full screen mode, so things are a little different.

 3. The above assumes that VTIOC is in session with the terminal, not with an
intermediate program.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3