You compile the program for ARCH(8). IBM guarantees that it will run on a z10
(do I have that right?). They do NOT guarantee that the program plus LE will
behave on a z114 exactly as though it were running on a z10.

No matter what ARCH the program were compiled for, I would expect that LE
running on a z114 might well exploit the actual hardware. I would be kind of
unhappy if it did NOT.

The vendor product either supports z114's or it does not. If they do not
support z114 instructions, they should admit that they do not.

> If LE really is doing this, why even have an ABO product

To update ("optimize") the *compiled* object code. The OS-resident
support/library modules (LE) are a different matter. They are already (I am
guessing) at a current level.

What is the z/OS release? I would expect LE to be built for the lowest level
hardware that that release supported, but LE might be clever enough to
dual-path, and I think that would be a good thing.

Charles