I am a bit behind on this issue so maybe you have tried some of the below.

I am puzzled by this unless the ARCH parm is not taken by the compiler for some
reason.  Do you have the same problem using the DEFAULT ARCH value?

Generate the assembler listing and then see if the S0C1 or S0C4 actually
happens in the COBOL code.  Also check the ARCH value in the listing.  Look for
Vector instructions, in the assembler listing for starters. I did this for the
C modules compiled under z/OS 2.3 and ARCH(12) and the new Vector instructions
were in the listing.  They were not there using earlier versions of the
compiler.  I generate C code all of the time using the ARCH and TUNEs value for
the client's machine.  The code is compiled on a z14.  Client's with z12s and
z13s report no issues.  This is all using LE.

One item of interest, maybe, is that the C code compiled with ARCH(12) on z/OS
2.3 runs without issue on z/OS 2.2 and 2.2's LE on a z14.

Can you run without the 3rd party software and see if your code runs?

John T. Abell
Tel:            800-295-7608    Option 4
President
International:  1-416-593-5578  Option 4
E-mail:  john.ab...@intnlsoftwareproducts.com
Fax:            800-295-7609

International:  1-416-593-5579

International Software Products
www.ispinfo.com

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or
recipient (or authorized to receive on behalf of the named recipient), please
contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.
Also,email is susceptible to data corruption, interception,
tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails
on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception,
tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.