scott Ford wrote:

>I need to do some research on how job is cancelled via the Operator , Abend
>S222. I read through some of the Boston share doc of some time ago by Ed, Sam
>and Skip. Its great.
>I have a job written in Cobol, this job has mission critical data storage in a
>table or array in program storage and that job has been cancelled by an
>Operator. I dont want to lose that data.

Aw crap, crap CRAP! Just ensure that the lame operator ('tape ape') does not
cancel your precious job(s). [1]

Why, oh why, did he/she/it canceled that job in the first place? Huh?
Did he/she/it smoked some 'Durban Poison' (dagga/marijuana)?

Stopping this cancelling fun will save you a lot of grey hairs and having you
to invent innovative abend handling steps.

>I want to know how i should approach it. The other qualifier here is that this
>is Cobol v4.2 which i am stuck with.

There is no way to recover the data, unless you have a backup and the COBOL
program can be rerun without any extra steps.

Ouch, your scenario is a real PITA! Sorry for not giving you a real solution on
how to handle that S222 abend.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

[1] - These ops also just reply on a console WTOR with whatever they want...
Grrrrr...