This particular exit only looks at the commands issued (from consoles or jobs,
etc.) so the overhead is pretty small.  I wanted to do a lot of optional work
at the time though so it made more sense to code things so that they told me
what to look at and I only looked at those commands (instead of looking at
everything and only acting on some of them).

We still ship the exit though just in case a customer really feels strongly
about getting the command before it even gets to anywhere else.

Brian