HI,

ALL commands issued at a console or from a program or JCL are processed in the
command exit, whether they are JES or MVS commands or just random text typed on
the console.

When I developed our console message processing facility, I originally set it
up to run as a command exit and then changed it's location when I found that I
was getting EVERY command and not just the ones I wanted to get. :)

There is a lot of overhead in looking at everything, but when looking for
individual items it's actually very efficient.