All of the members of our entire company work from home.  I have enjoyed the
flexibility of working from my home office - I don’t have to deal with
commutes, rush hour or having to fly back and forth to the office. For me. I
find I’m more productive. If I think about a way to test a bug or get over some
hump in development I’m just down the hall from my office

Another example I’m out of the office and I need to connect I have three ways
to our mainframe:

(1).  If I’m in a development cycle and I’m going to be local, I’ll take my
smaller HP laptop and connect using local Wi-FI from the building I’m in.

(2). If I’m going to be on the road I can work from one of the passenger seats
in my pickup. Again, I’ll use my HP mini but this time I use the local Wi-Fi
(router) access GM has installed with my new Z71 Silverado.  Side Note: since
this is satellite-based I always seem to have coverage. FYI, Last spring, this
connection worked very well when we drove from Lubbock, Tx to Minneapolis, Mn
to attend the NCAA Final Four.

(3).  If I’m out at lunch or dinner, etc. with my family and I need to login,
I’ll use my iPhone XS Max. It has just enough screen real estate to get work
accomplished without having to flip-flop PF Keys, Screen Keys, etc.

Of course in all three situations above I use a VPN client for secure access.
When I’m  using my HP mini I use the Vista TN3270 Emulator (from Tom Brennan
Software) however I use Attachmate’s  TN3270 for iPhone access

Regards,

Gary Garland Gregory, MS
DINO-Software