From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Christopher Y. Blaicher
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Assembler :- PC Instruction

Never measured SVC vs PC.  While in some cases PC and SVC are similar, in
many ways PC is far superior to SVC.  It can be local or globally defined
and it can be dynamically defined and removed.  (OK, so can an SVC be added
and deleted, but I think PC's are easier).
Also, an SVC can't do space switching.