From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Christopher Y. Blaicher <cblaic...@syncsort.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:48 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Assembler :- PC Instruction

Never measured SVC vs PC.  While in some cases PC and SVC are similar, in many
ways PC is far superior to SVC.  It can be local or globally defined and it can
be dynamically defined and removed.  (OK, so can an SVC be added and deleted,
but I think PC's are easier).
Also, an SVC can't do space switching.

Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect