>  The PC instruction is a replacement for SVC.

That's one use case. What about privileged code that scheduled an SRB into
another address space and waited for a cross-memory post? A PC is potentially
much less overhead.

> Both instructions exist solely to run authorized programs in other address
> spaces.

How did you run programs in another OS/360 address space. I don't see any time
machines here. ;-)

>  If I remember correctly,

You do; no SVRB, just a stack entry.

--