From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Tom
Brennan
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:16 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [External] Re: Fwd: Case TS002648607 (PMR 76523,082,000) - Compiler
abend

So many times I worked on a script or compiled/assembled code, got an error
that made no sense, and then complained to anyone who would listen, "The system
is obviously broken".  And I'm sure you can guess
*exactly* how many of those times the system really turned out to be broken :)

On 8/29/2019 10:27 AM, Joseph Reichman wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Basil Kanneth" <bkann...@ca.ibm.com>
>> Date: August 29, 2019 at 11:01:57 AM EDT
>> To: "Joseph Reichman" <reichman...@gmail.com>
>> Subject: RE: Case TS002648607 (PMR 76523,082,000) - Compiler abend
>>
>> Hi Joseph,
>>
>> It turns out the system protection exception occurred because of a missing
>> semicolon after the following line in the code:
>> typedef int (DLL_FN)(char *)
>>
>> So it should be:
>> typedef int (DLL_FN)(char *);
>>
>> If you make the above changes, your test case should compile fine.
>>
>> We agree the compiler should not abend in this situation and we are
>> investigating a potential fix.
>>
>> I will provide you with another update by Thursday, September 5th, 2019.
>>
>> Regards,
>> ________________________________
>> Basil Kanneth, PMPĀ®
>> IBM XL C,C++, Fortran & COBOL Compilers Service Team IBM Software
>> Group - Toronto Lab

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.