Very early. Fairly new at the job COBOL programming. Compiler was updated
and started dying. I went a couple weeks round and round with the guy who did
the install, trying to get him to open the issue with IBM. We were kind of
formal in those days and he didn't believe the young newcomer.
   I finally got him to let me see the installation options he'd used. One
stood right out. There was a "tape management system' yes or no. He had no. I
asked him what he thought CA-1 (well, then UCC-1) was......