For the newer LE enabled PL/I compilers, the GENMOD command should look like this:

    GENMOD xxxx (FROM CEESTART

The FROM PLISTART applied to the older OS PL/I V2.3 product.

DJ

George Haddad wrote:
It's been MANY moons since I was a PL/I programmer, but in my day
it was necessary to use the "FROM PLISTART" option on GENMOD.

I've got a user who is trying to generate a PLI based program on VM from =

a=20
text deck generated on MVS.

They dropped the PLI Compiler on VM as a cost savings, but after a year=20=

found this application that needed to be changed......

Anyway, they have compiled the code on MVS, transfered the Text deck over=

=20
to VM and are attempting to do a=20

LOAD xxxx
GENMOD xxxx

xxxx

But it's not working, does anybody happen to have a crib sheet on this=20=

kind of thing? or a suggestion, other than getting a VM PLI Compiler?

Thanks,

Brian Ferguson