David - thanks for the clarification - it certainly improves my
understanding of what-and-why and where you're coming from.

I agree that we should refrain from asking IBM for specific solutions -

this makes it all the more important though that the problem is well-
defined - otherwise (especially in todays business climate) one ends up

with a narrow and specific solution that is incapable of forming the
foundation for further development into currently-unimagined areas. We

need to ensure that any solution is engineered with an eye on the future.

As you so rightly say, this is hopefully addressed by dialogue with the

developers at the design / concept stage - ensuring that the problem
description accurately reflects the vision of what is needed.

Alas, so far it only seems to be you-and-me that're willing to get excite
by this - I really expected you to start a mailstorm with this one but it

seems to have failed to capture the community's imagination. We'll
certainly need more opinions than just yours-and-mine if this ever gets t
the, "IBM asking for feedback" stage!

Regards
Jeff