On Wednesday, 06/07/2006 at 11:07 EST, Alan Ackerman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's good news. Perhaps it is time to re-examine our staunch
opposition
> to PUT2PROD.
>
> Another problem with PUT2PROD that comes to mind is that we don't want
> install VM on every system, we want to install it once (actually twice
> because of VPARS and VTAPE) and then copy it to all the other systems.
Can
> PUT2PROD do that now that it no longer insists on forcing off userids?

Don't put the burden of multi-system maintenence on PUT2PROD's shoulders.
You might be able to bend PUT2PROD to your will, but the design of the
entire installation/service process is, as you imply, for a single system.

I think people do things as you describe in order to avoid repetition and
save time, both excellent goals. We're looking at ways to reach them and
we're more than happy to hear how (and why!) people maintain their systems
the way they do.