> That's a good question.  Was wondering what all of you with > 5
systems
> do about that.  Right now we maintain them individually (it wasn't
that
> long ago that we had 1 system).  Now I'm hearing rumblings about maybe
> adding 2-4 more systems for capacity/availability reasons...  If we go
> from 6 to 10, that's a lot more VM work.  Not just VM, but all the
other
> stuff.. (velocity, ca stuff..)

Don't have that many now, but in a past life, I used TOOLSRUN to
maintain disks on multiple systems. I maintained a master system, and
checked changes into TOOLSRUN, which conveniently distributed the
changes to all the other systems in the complex. TOOLSRUN had the
ability to have exceptions to the distribution, and you could define
your own sets of systems to use as distribution targets. You still had
to do things like SALIPL updates and such on each system, but that's a
lot less work. I suppose I could have automated those too, but I'm
fundamentally lazy.

That setup depended on RSCS everywhere, but that's not too awful a price
to bear.