I'm not sure how to use <> in XEDIT to find all lines without a specific
character string. I want to use the logical not prefix for the LOCATE and

ALL commands as specified in the z/VM 5.1 XEDIT COMMANDS AND MACRO REFERE
NCE:
¬
    NOT symbol (Locate something that is not the specified string.)

It appears that this is controlled by the system I'm connecting to
initially. If I find a system I where the not symbol works, I can use
passthru and the function is preserved. Is the code page controlled by th
VM system or by the terminal emulator on my PC? Is there a way I can
override it using my terminal emulator? Or is the code page controlled by

the MVS concentrator I initially connect to using PCOMM? I appreciate the

information so far. I think I'm getting closer to the solution.