I currently have an OSA-Express port used soley by a z/VM 5.1 TCPIP stack using QDIO.  The user directory entry for this machine has DEDICATE statements (for the OSA-Express).  My OSD DEV/LINK definition specificies "PRIROUTER".  I do all my routing to Linux guests through the TCP/IP stack connected to a guest LAN.

I would like to now set up a test vswitch but do not have an unused OSA-Express port.

Assuming I have sufficient devices in my IODF, may I use separate devices to access the same OSA port?  Right now I use devices E80, E81 and E82 for the OSD type device in my machine called TCPIP.  I have the complete range of devices E80-E8E defined as OSA type devices on a certain CHPID.  E8F is the OSAD.  May I use devices E83-E85 to connect the vswitch with the OSA?  I would then code the DEFINE VSWITCH command to use RDEV E83.

Thanks in advance,
Rob