On Monday, 08/07/2006 at 10:58 EST, "Huegel, Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I am waiting breathlessly. Has the highly-placed and respected person at
VSE
> developement responded, and cleared the air?

This just in...

Yes, VSE did briefly add registration for the LPAR deactivation signal
(SIGNAL SHUTDOWN), but the implementation was incomplete and created other
problems.  In particular, VSE doesn't load the "shutdown complete" PSW,
causing LPAR deactivation to delay 5 minutes.  The support has been
removed.

If you need the support, work with your fave user group or the Support
Center to get a requirement opened.  If your need is urgent, you *may* be
able to get the enablement fix, but it isn't supported.  Those who have
the fix already know they are on their own.

"And that's the way it is...."