> TCP/IP does it need singal support?  It doesn't need to close
anything, or am I wrong?

(I *hate* touchpads -- can't figure out how to turn the bloody thing off
permanently. It hit send too soon.)

Unless something has changed in 5.2, the TCPIP stack applications that
consume stack services all have a way to do clean shutdowns, but the
stack itself does not. This has been a lingering remnant of the old FAL
1.0 IP stack code since the beginning - it's probably not critical, but
it is annoying that the only way to shut down the stack is CP FORCE or
sending it an external interrupt via SCIF, essentially crashing it --
which has occasionally left some network interfaces in unpleasant
pending I/O states (especially some of the older interfaces that used
continuous channel programs for efficiency).

I mean, really, *VTAM* has clean shutdown capabilities. Gotta keep up
with the neighbors, ya know.

8-)

-- db