> Each
> virtual machine running a Intel processor emulator and a copy of
Windows
> consumes approximately 180-220 zSeries MIPS to emulate a 200-210 Mhz
> Pentium II-class CPU idling at the desktop. No applications, just
> desktop.

More fun: as a last hurrah for our faithful MP3000-H70, I fired that
guest up and brought up WinNT under Bochs. It took 28 *minutes* to open
(not do anything, just open) Notepad. Both MP3000 processors were pegged
at 100% while doing this -- *nothing* else was running.

I can conclusively state that Windows is not supportable in that
environment for anything real.

-- db

PS -- RIP SNAVM5. Good night, sweet prince.