Regards,
Richard Schuh

Maybe on VM it has, but I have found that a clean shutdown of RSCS goes a long
way toward preventing operational headaches when trying to reconnect to z/OS or
MVS systems. Before I created a SHUTDOWN EXEC that tells RSCS to SHUTDOWN
QUICK, many of our MVS systems would have to drain the link and restart it.
Sometimes, there were time dependencies - a link would have to be drained on
both the MVS system and on VM; then the start order needed to be VM first, JES
next. Following the SHUTDOWN QUICK, we have only one problem link and it is
consistent. It does start after about 15 minutes.