On Wednesday, 08/09/2006 at 11:02 MST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Maybe on VM it has, but I have found that a clean shutdown of RSCS goes
a long
> way toward preventing operational headaches when trying to reconnect to
z/OS or
> MVS systems. Before I created a SHUTDOWN EXEC that tells RSCS to
SHUTDOWN
> QUICK, many of our MVS systems would have to drain the link and restart
it.
> Sometimes, there were time dependencies - a link would have to be
drained on
> both the MVS system and on VM; then the start order needed to be VM
first, JES
> next. Following the SHUTDOWN QUICK, we have only one problem link and it
is
> consistent. It does start after about 15 minutes.

I'm not sure that you're aren't describing a bug somewhere, but is it
technical problem that you say can be reasonably avoided by orderly
shutdown.  So I'd say: write up an RSCS requirement to support signal
shutdown.