It does have the appearance of being a bug, but probably not one in RSCS. I
think that the SHUTDOWN QUICK is really a circumvention of an MVS or VTAM bug.
I know that an NJE link with RSCS at either end has no such problem. Would a
requirement to enhance RSCS to circumvent a bug in another system be likely to
be approved?

Regards,
Richard Schuh