Gregg--Digging back far into my memory banks, in a previous life as an IBM employee, I seem to recall that ALMCOPY was an IBM Internal Use Only program that was never made available. It was probably written by someone at the Almaden research center, hence the name. I vaguely recall that it was used, kind of the way that IND$FILE is used to transfer or copy files between the host and PC but that the transfer was initiated from the host rather than from a PC screen. It may have required OS/2 as the PC connection, but I'm not sure of that. I'm sure that you can find other products that will do the same thing and are up to date and supported.
Jim