I still daily use ALMCOPY (with OS/2 indeed. A version for Windows exist
internally in IBM too, less spread however).  The transfer is initiated on
the PC, just like IND$FILE.  It has some advantages till missing in
PCOMM's file transfer interface:
- it can preserve a file's timestamp (the feature I like most)
- you can use LISTFILE's wildcards e.g.
    ALMCOPY HA: * EXEC A E:
  gets all EXECs from my A-disk in emulator session A and stores them on
my E: drive as "fn.EXC"
- it can transfer all files listed in a CMS PACKAGE file
- it has defaults depending of filetype/extension
   (PCOMM's GUI has that too, SEND/RECEIVE commands don't)
Drawbacks:
- only VM is recognized as host
- it does not support long names, i.e. PC files must be in 8.3 format

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

> Gregg--Digging back far into my memory banks, in a previous life as an
IBM