This is drifting a bit off topic, but the IBM PC/AT-G, and PC/AT-GX (I think that's correct, the "G" was for Graphics) were very popular in the oil & gas business in the late 80s, early 90s...they were dual headed bocks that ran GDDM-PCLK (PC link) and GDDM had support for developing interesting graphical applications. One screen could show a 3270 full screen type session, and the other screen a map or geologic cross section.....very nice package. A lot of the actual vector rendering processing was off loaded the the PCs themselves, so GDDM did have to do as much work up on the host. You could even interact with the graphics locally (pan, zoom, print, save, etc.) They even supported a small digitizer type board.

I still have around here some place some geologic modeling programs I developed for those boxes.

DJ

I seem to recall that IBM had a GML (DCF) type editor for PC-DOS as well.