That is really huge (768K, that is). I remember a 64K HSA on our 3081. It could
grow in increments of 64K. And the location was dynamic - if a storage error
was encountered when loading the HSA during POR, it would drop down to the next
lower segment. The amount of storage it needed was dependent on the
configuration; the lowest address it took was influenced by the quality of the
memory.

In the modern era, our HSA does take 2G. There are several LPARS and we have
thousands of devices.

Regards,
Richard Schuh