On 9/11/06, Dusha, Cecelia Ms. WHS/ITMD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MDC READS is now 33/SEC...  Could the percentage used be stuck at the high
water mark?  On the first level system the percentage of page space used does
drop after the paging rate drops.  How would I determine what is driving the
page space utilization?

With 33 per second being 99% of your I/O, that's probably not a lot. Q
MDC will show you how much real (and expanded) memory CP *currently*
is using for MDC. With default settings, you might find maybe half of
real memory for MDC. But since you're not paging now either, that is
probably not bad now. But my guess is that earlier on, CP also used a
lot for MDC and that drove up paging. And it may not have been good
back then.
Without performance date it's very hard to tell whether that was the
case and whether it was wise for CP to do so. Normally it does not
make sense to have your backup fill MDC, but if you're doing SFS
backups it may be different again.

--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc