You might want to take s look at Steve Wilkins' SHARE presentation: z/VM Platform Update (Session 9100) from the SHARE in Baltimore.

DJ

Romanowski, John (OFT) wrote:
Due to some precarious applications, a customer is anxious to know now
what release/version of z/VM we're migrating them to in 2007. We'll migrate them before their VM5.1 is unsupported in 9/2007.
Does anyone have any good rumors about whether a new release or version
of z/VM beyond VM5.2 will become available in 2007?
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.