I attended that session and Steve's presentation didn't address anything
beyond v5.2 and follow-on new function APARs.

However, I did ask Steve at the end of the session, without requesting
details, whether a new release of z/VM would be announced by the end of
2006 and I believe he said "yes".

Dennis
Mutual of Omaha

             "Dave Jones"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             are.com>                                                   To
             Sent by: "The IBM         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: Rumors of the next z/VM?

             09/26/2006 12:53
             PM

             Please respond to
               "The IBM z/VM
             Operating System"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

You might want to take s look at Steve Wilkins' SHARE presentation: z/VM
Platform Update (Session 9100) from the SHARE in Baltimore.

DJ

Romanowski, John (OFT) wrote:
> Due to some precarious applications, a customer is anxious to know now
> what release/version of z/VM we're migrating them to in 2007.
> We'll migrate them before their VM5.1 is unsupported in 9/2007.
> Does anyone have any good rumors about whether a new release or version
> of z/VM beyond VM5.2 will become available in 2007?
> This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged
or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If
you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to
send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or
its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
delete the e-mail from your system.