On Friday, 10/06/2006 at 11:57 EST, Brian Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Has anyone ever TELNET'ed to the port on a 2074 used for 3270 sessions?
> (Yes, I know it's not supported.)

I don't know what you mean, Brian.  You're *supposed* to telnet into the
port on a 2074 used for 3270 sessions.  (And the 2074 is still supported;
you just can't order it any more.)

> The other day someone used the TELNET command from a command line prompt
> to attempt to connect to our 2074.  Almost immediately, all the emulator
> sessions to the 2074 (regardless of what LPAR they were in session with)
> either disconnected or got agonizingly slow for a couple minutes and
then
> disconnected.

Have you contacted the Support Center?  I vaguely remember updates to the
2074 because of dropped sessions.