On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:39:14 -0400, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

>On Friday, 10/06/2006 at 11:57 EST, Brian Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
V>
>wrote:
>> Has anyone ever TELNET'ed to the port on a 2074 used for 3270 sessions
?
>> (Yes, I know it's not supported.)
>
>I don't know what you mean, Brian.  You're *supposed* to telnet into the

>port on a 2074 used for 3270 sessions.  (And the 2074 is still supported
;
>you just can't order it any more.)

I meant that the TELNET command from a command prompt is not supported by

the 2074.  (As I described in my second paragraph.)

According to the "2074 Console Support Controller Configurator Guide",

Chapter 4, section "3270 Client support":
   "The 2074 only supports TCP/IP attached clients which are running a

Telnet TN3270E emulator program"

Since the TELNET command is not a TN3270E emulator program it's not a
supported connection method to the 2074.  If that's incorrect please let

me know.

>> The other day someone used the TELNET command from a command line prom
pt
>> to attempt to connect to our 2074.  Almost immediately, all the emulat
or
>> sessions to the 2074 (regardless of what LPAR they were in session wit
h)
>> either disconnected or got agonizingly slow for a couple minutes and
>then
>> disconnected.
>
>Have you contacted the Support Center?  I vaguely remember updates to th
>2074 because of dropped sessions.

I have not.  The dropped sessions only happen on the 2074 accessible to a

remote network segment.

Brian Nielsen