Now ... don't confuse ladency (bandwidth) with latency (throughput).

"An SST,  may be.  Just not an 747,  that's my point."

[Blame Jimmo for this!]

-- R;

Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/10/2006 10:50 AM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
From
Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: bandwidth of a swallow [was: Real core]

Well, yea, I suppose if you could get *two* swallows to cooperate, they
could carry a 3592 tape cartridge between them. Even a 3592 cartridge
fully laden with 300 GB of data weighs less than a coconut, but I still
say the air speed of two such swallows would be somewhat less than, say,

DJ