Other than PNET or RJE, I can't imagine anyone ever shipping a dump
prior to the '90s.  It is only since I had high speed Internet
connections that I have ever shipped a dump online.  It seems like only
4-5 years ago, I was still shipping tapes.

If we were ever in a real hurry, where FEDEX was too slow, we would
take the tape to Lambert International Airport (St. Louis), and put it
on the next flight out to where ever it needed to go.

Eventually we figured out that FEDEX was just as good, as by time the
plane landed and the tape got to the developer, it was already evening
and they were just going to work on it in the morning anyway.

So I guess the question I'm wondering...

How many others have shipped dumps, online, back before high speed
Internet connections?

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting