From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Shimon Lebowitz
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 06:44 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Sharing unassigned tape

On 17 Oct 2006 at 14:49, Imler, Steven J wrote:

> Shimon,
>
> Does you z/VM 5.2 guest have "STDEVOPT LIBRARY CTL" in its
> directory
> entry?  Even though DFSMS is not running yet, you may still need it
> access and use the VTS devices on the guest?

JR,
I meant to respond to your post in my last email too,
but forgot to. I am fairly sure that the directory option is *not*
needed for simple use of the VTS drives. I certainly don't
add it wholesale to CMS users, but they are able to use
tapes anyway.

In any case, I can only check it tomorrow at work.
Thanks,
Shimon