From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Miguel Delapaz
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 2:53 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: SMTP Verify Client Exit

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 10/19/2006 01:59:47 PM:

> After SMTP is up and running, we have successfully sent several e-
> mails to outside recipients. Nothing shows up on the SMTP console.
> We have tried changing the say to a 'CP MSG userid ... to no avail;
> we also tried call diag 8, 'MSG ... - no messages were received.
> What does it take to get this to work?
> Regards,
> Richard Schuh

Richard,

From the z/VM TCP/IP Programmer's Reference:

Note: The client verification exit is called for each HELO or EHLO command processed for each mail item received from the network. Client verification is not performed for mail items received from the SMTP virtual reader.

How are you sending the mail, and from where?  Something like "sendfile test test a [EMAIL PROTECTED] (smtp" will not result in the exit being called.  If you add TRACE DEBUG to your SMTP CONFIG file you will see the following message on your SMTP console when a HELO or EHLO command is processed:
#<N> Client verification results: <data>

Where <N> is the connection number and <data> is a string describing the results.  In my example (and I imagine in your case) <data> is "Batch".  If the exit was executed, the value would be something else ("Success", "Failed" etc.).

Regards,
Miguel Delapaz
z/VM TCP/IP Development