On Friday, 10/20/2006 at 08:34 AST, Michael Coffin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm  migrating to a 2066-0B1 today that has 4 2365 OSA's.  Does anyone
know if
> the 2365 is the older OSA that is attached in triplets for a single
> connection, or the newer ones that are attached in pairs?  They'll be
> configured to operate in QDIO mode for TCPIP only.

Actually, the "older" OSAs (OSA and OSE chpid types) are the ones with
pairs and the "newer" ones (OSD) are triplets.  From the OSA Express -
Customer Guide and Reference:

Feature Name            Type        Code
OSA-Express GbE LX      OSD             1364*
OSA-Express GbE SX      OSD             1365*
1000Base-T Ethernet     OSE or OSD      1366
OSA-Express GbE LX      OSD             2364**
OSA-Express GbE SX      OSD             2365**
Fast Ethernet           OSE or OSD      2366**
OSA-Express TR          OSE or OSD      2367**
OSA-Express2 GbE LX     OSD             3364
OSA-Express2 GbE SX     OSD             3365
OSA-Express2 10 GbE LR  OSD             3368

* No longer orderable
** Can be carried forward on an upgrade from z990

So, you have 4 Gb Ethernet fibre SX adapters.  If your previous box had
GbE SX, then all is ok.  Otherwise you need to make sure the switch is
compatible.