On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:23:53 -0400, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

<snip discussion of alternate DDR modification>

I understand your goal now.

>I just want IBM to spend their development money to get us the biggest
>bang for the buck. I think that having the I/O from DDR as something we
>can get our hands on with other tools would give us a LOT more options.

I don't want to ask for something so big that it gets shelved as a non-
starter.  Adding DDR support for a tape management system (eg. via calls

from CMS DDR to DMSTVS/DMSTVI is much more tractable, more likely to get

done, and quite probably of greater value to sites that rely on DDR
instead of a 3rd party solution.

Brian Nielsen