This reminds me of my first job, back in the late 1970s. The place was
going through a DOS to OS/VS1 conversion. Why, when DOS was doing the
work? Because the department manager (this was pre-CIO days) was being
"kidded" by other data center managers for still being on DOS. His ego
was bruised.

Today it is fear of ridicule and the herd mentality. Of course this was
true in the past as well. <shrug>. I just try to out-last them. But it
may no longer be possible.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.