This will satifiy your needs
  http://www.vm.ibm.com/download/packages/descript.cgi?LCLQRY
much easier than opening an APPC connection (as Alan says), or punching a
file to yourself and check the sender (as I did before LCLQRY)
LCLQRY can also tell who XAUTOLOGed a user.  LCLQRY provides a class G
solution to query your own, and a priviledged one to query the info for
other users.

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on
2006-12-22 01:34:58:

> IBM VM BATCH uses Diag D4 to set an Alternate ID for task IDs, so in
> some ways the task machine is "masquerading" as a different userid.

> The BATCH SUBMIT command accepts an ALTID option which is used by that
> Diag D4, but the job owner is still the actual job submitter.

> The DGROOLY EXEC runs on the task ID, and one of the parameters passed
> is the job owner. But I want to determine if there is an ALTID in
effect.

> Short of doing something gross like sending myself a spool file and
> checking the origin id, either of the spool file or looking at the IMSG,
> how can I determine the Alternate User ID of the ID I'm actually running
on?