>One of my printers on a VM/ESA 2.2 system has an FCB
>name defined that I cannot figure out how to clear.
>Any name or number I try causes CP to complain about
>the FCB not being found and it drains the printer.
>Is there an alternative to finding the field in real
>storage and zapping it?

You don't say what kind of printer it is, but if it is an impact printer,
the FCB you specify must be in the image library (IMG file) for that
printer. Issue Q IMG to see the image libraries that are defined on your
system.

There is a control file for each of the image libraries
(IMAGnnnn CNTRL, where nnnn is the printer type). The control file has
have the names of the FCBs and character sets that are defined in the
image library for your printer.

John Franciscovich