From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of Dave Hansen
Sent: Wed 2/28/2007 11:28 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] REXX EXEC - Trapping console messages w/SCIF

Hello group,

   I found out SCIF changes things.  I logon and I normally don't get any
traffic until I send something to the other virtual machine I am a secondary
console for and then I get a response.  Without SCIF I can get my message in
REXX by issuing a command and then doing a PULL.  However with SCIF I get
a VM READ as I watch the message being returned while I am tracing the exec.  I
have used wakeup before and then it captures the 'activity' by return
code.  I could spool my console and close it, but then I probably won't be able
to trap the spoolid.  Yes, I could set something unique in the spool
name or type.  But this probably isn't the best solution.   Any ideas?

   Thank you,  Dave H.