From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Les Geer (607-429-3580)
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:47 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: TCPNJE

>No, I have not changed the messages. Those were consecutive messages in

>the console log. However, in looking at all occurrences, almost every
>15 minutes for 2 days, I found one that had a second message DMTTNE08E
>message following the one saying there was a socket error. It did have
>a return code of -1 and an error number of 60 with the text "Connection

>timed out".=20

Message DMT083E should be issued on two lines such as:

DMTTNE083E Socket error on link GDLVML00 request=Recv DMTTNE083E return
code=- 1 error number=54 (Connection reset by peer)

I cannot think of any parameter which would cause only line one to come
out.  Perhaps you should open a problem with the support center and we
will further investigate why the message is not coming out in two lines.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development