I was recently reviewing this:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/storman/pav/pav2.html
at the behest of my manager. He is looking to extend the life of and
better utilize our current hardware. We are running z/VM 5.2 on a z800,
with a single z/VSE 3.1.2 guest, using Shark 2105-F20 disk. We currently
use DEDICATED volumes for z/VSE. I am not necessarily against changing
these volumes to minidisks if there is a performance benefit to be
gained. However, from my reading of the above referenced article, it
appears to me that converting them to minidisks and running PAV is
going to gain me about ZERO, since all I have accessing the disks is a
single z/VSE guest.

Is this true, or am I missing something and should look into PAV and
minidisks for my single z/VSE guest? It looks to me that multiple z/VSE
guests sharing volumes on minidisk _may_ benefit from PAV under VM, but
a single one won't.