I guess you are sure the code is not compiled (CA has some special REXX
compiler; interpreters of compiled REXX don't check EXECTRAC);

You don't pass through XEDIT first? (XEDIT turns EXECTRAC OFF when it
displays the screen to the user)

2007/3/21, Phil Smith III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

"Ian S. Worthington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have some execs that call a vendor module that, in turn, invokes other
>execs as user exits.

>If I set EXECTRAC ON my initial execs are correctly traced.  But the
other
>execs invoked out of the vendor module are not.

>I'm not sure how this later invocation works but I'm guessing that the
module
>has to setup some sort of environment specification before starting the
user
>exits, and that that environment does not inherit my setting of EXECTRAC.

>Is there anyway I can make it do so?  Or, failing that, is there any easy
>change I can request the vendor to make inherit this setting?  Or would
it a
>major job for them?

To the best of my knowledge, EXECTRAC requires only setting a single bit
in NUCON.  So if it's "going away" partway through an execution chain, it's
because the vendor is deliberately turning it off.  So (following my belief
chain to its logical conclusion) it would be trivial for them to fix, but
unlikely to be something they'd want to do, since they've gone to a tiny bit
of trouble to get where you are now...

...phsiii

--
Kris Buelens,